The Brussels Co-Production Forum is an initiative that aims at supporting promising feature films in development and connecting them with potential partners. It is divided in two different sections : the Gap Financing Sessions and UP : Up-and-coming Producers. The Brussels Co Production Forum will take place for the 5th time during the Brussels International Film Festival, on Tuesday, June 29th and Wednesday, June 30th 2021.
The Gap Financing Sessions was designed as a platform to promote partnerships between European and Belgian producers. At the heart of the European Union, and with a variety of potential investors, Belgium’s film professionals have a valuable expertise to provide for European producers in search of a co-producer.
The event will consist of:
- Pitching session of selected projects
- One-to-one business meetings
If selected, producers will have the opportunity to:
- Pitch their project in front of important Belgian producers.
- Have individual meetings with different professionals to defend their project.
- Build contacts to find public and private funding for their projects in case of an agreement.
- Take part in the Brussels International Film Festival.
As the BRIFF’s team has always had at heart the promotion of emerging talents, UP: Up-and-coming Producers was created in order to put into the spotlight projects held by producers at the beginning of their career. Through one-to-one meetings, workshops and other networking events, the selected producers will have the opportunity to create a network of potential partners and gain tools to further develop their projects.
Producers without projects can register as well to participate and meet the selected projects.
More information regarding rules and regulations can be found here.